Ava, Julia, Bella and Scarlett

Friday, January 27, 2012

Spaghetti Tacos!

Well if you've ever watched an episode of iCarly you have probably heard of Spencer's favorite dish -- Spaghetti Tacos! We've contemplated making this, but finally took the plunge the other day!

Since it was report card day and Julia rocked it...we thought we'd reward them with a fun and silly dinner!

They look just like they sound! And taste...well like you would imagine!

My three girlies ate very well this night!


 ~ Ingredients ~

 Spaghetti Noodles - I used Angel Hair Pasta

Spaghetti Sauce - We prefer Prego's 3 Cheese

Shredded Italian Cheese

Meatballs--tricky to fit in the shells

Hard Taco Shells

Italian Seasoning



If you know me, you know I shouldn't be giving cooking advice...but this was a no brainer...cook everything as you would if you were making regular spaghetti (if I can make spaghetti anyone can). Once everything is cooked, you are ready to assemble! Hoot Hoot!

First, I took some of the Angel Hair Pasta and mixed it with a small amount of  pasta sauce and then sprinkled on the Italian Seasoning



This is how the noodles looked before I taco'd them up! I made these kind of dry so the taco shells below)didn't get too soggy.


 Taco Shells



Shredded Cheese


Spaghetti Sauce with Meatballs

I shoved ... yes literally had to shove the noodles into the shell, put some cheese in, then more noodles on top. Meatballs were served on the side :)

When my husband and I ate ours (yes, we really did) we added extra sauce on top before eating.


 Viola! The finished product!
Spaghetti Tacos!

Needless to say, this will be a repeat meal around the house! I'm not sure if is was the taste or silly combination of foods...but I don't mind! As long as they ate (and they did)I'm a happy Momma!

~ Michelle







1 comment:

  1. What a fun mommy you are! Great job!

    http://bestdressedinthenest.tumblr.com/

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/RobynsNestBoutique

    ReplyDelete