Ava, Julia, Bella and Scarlett

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Scarlett's Baptism


Here it is ...the beginning of something new...


I've decided to start a blog just so I can relive the moments of my life that seem to go by so fast that I can barely remember them. Today was Scarlett's baptism, it's a cold January day and as usual our house is a flutter with chaos. I have three little girlies dancing around while Mike and I are constantly saying things to them like 'you better not make a mess before company.'...my children are literally capable of destroying a clean room/house in nanoseconds..it's true. Mike and I barely see one other all morning as we systematically run from room to room to try and clean and to finish the last minute food preparations. Mike and I have made a ton of delicious desserts and projects from my new love www.pinterest.com :)

My fav projects of the day would have to be the cake balls which Mike made and I decorated. The recipe is simple enough that I think even I can make them. We also made chocolate covered .... everything. It's really the easiest and funnest dessert idea. I bought meltable pink chocolates and covered heart shaped marshmallows, rice krispie treats and sugar wafer cookies. Then we arranged them onto little platters and voila...instant finger foods for the kiddos.
<><><><> <> <><> <><> <> <><> <><> <>
Dessert Table



I can't take credit for these...although now I know how to make them, so watch out Valentine's Day!! Here I come!


The Baptism itself was beautiful, although I don't think Scarlett thought so...my little angel screamed the entire ...I repeat... the entire time.


Pre-Baptism Pic
(o.m.g. you should've seen the marks on her
poor little forehead from that headband...yikes!)

FYI...Mike refused to let me put the headband back on here...regardless of how cute she looked in it.



One of my favorite pics



Pics from the day!



Beautiful pic by our niece Jackie
If there was sound on this picture...you'd have to
turn down the volume.....


Scarlett's Godparents (3)
Melissa and Jim
Not pictured ~ Erika
Currently VERY preggo with twins of her own!




Mike and I (heart) I may or may not be
totally 'sucking it in' in this picture...
Surprised I can even hold a smile!!!

  
I almost like this picture better than one below
It shows the true chaos that is our lives....


Here we are...mostly looking at the camera.
Love that goofy hair and crooked smiles.


Well that's it...my first Blog..I feel so cool ~ not really. I'm actually feeling: insecure about how this "blogger" thing works, silly for writing one, happy I did it, like it's not good enough (I so want to play around with the fonts and pictures - dang perfectionism!!) proud, and finally...okay I'm trying to think of more things to write so I don't have to go start homework...

~Michelle
















2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! So glad you took that first step! It is so wonderful to have these memories to look back on. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete