Ava, Julia, Bella and Scarlett

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chocolate Strawberries


I LOVE Valentine's Day!!!

I love making crafts and desserts so I hope to make a couple pages on fun ideas that I love to do for Mike and the girlies!


SUPER easy dessert idea that my girlies love

Strawberries and Chocolate

what you need for this dessert:

~strawberries cut into a heart shapes
(just cut the leafy part off in a "V" shape)

~can of chocolate frosting
variations instead of chocolate frosting: 
nutella (a hazelnut spread I would have used this if I had it.
 Strawberry frosting

~sandwich bag
with a small hole cut in one corner


Fill up a sandwich bag with your desired dessert dip...I had some frosting on hand, and draw/decorate on plates, set up stawberries and you're done!

We mixed up the dinner table this night and used these as placeholders...the girls ran around trying to find their seats :)

Another fun idea would be to have the kids decorate the plates themselves...this would work better with older kids as it's kind of tricky to apply the right amount of pressure to the decorating "bags"

We also had extra strawberries at the table in a bowl :) Super healthy - ok other than the chocolate. If chocolate is a no-no at your house...be creative and find a low fat frosting recipe so you can still do this fun dessert!



3 comments:

  1. Love this!!! My kids will love it too! Thanks for passing on your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel <3 Let me know what you use for frosting...the chocolate was great, but I'm wondering if less sugary alternatives will still be yummy.

      Delete
  2. Great idea, going to try to copy for my parents and the boys! Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete